Monday, September 28, 2015

When You Leave Your Drone at Home????

Written by Ben Cashell

Now we have all done it before, some us more than others (Me!!!). It’s that horrible sinking feeling you get while your out and about! That perfect moment when you see an awesome video just there, right in front of you… Just waiting to be filmed, and you think “far out -I should send up the bird to capture this…”

Oh no no no, you won’t be sending the bird up to film this because you’re a “bloody fool” and left it sitting at home!!! (Again!!!) I think to myself how did you do it again??? Give myself a flurry of uppercuts and continue on. Right, enough is enough I’m writing a note to remind myself - a checklist even!

If I had even a sip of beer for every time I have said this to myself, I would be very drunk indeed!! So, What’s the answer to this problem?? Not sure to be honest? I know I have missed a beer barrel worth of footage over the last year or so. A plan must be made!!

My wife, - is lets just say “not real keen on the idea of getting a second drone for the car” Yes I agree, a very unreasonable lady indeed!!! Whether you fly for fun or for work, it can get even worse still.

Ok, Awesome there it is. “The perfect shot” so I pull up, set up the bird (I have it with this time!!) and then…  The flurry of uppercuts again!! You are kidding me!!!!! The sd card is still plugged into the computer!?!?!?  AT HOME!!!!   Arrghhhh……..

There are however those times when all the planets align and up she goes… Capturing the best footage ever!! You’re like a kid in a candy shop for the first time! Those are the times I love and remember the most!

In fact… I have charged batteries, an empty sd card (in the bird), notes all over the house and even in the car. Checklists completed and I’m going flying right now!! (Probably forget the props??)

Be sure to let us know what plans you have in place to “NEVER LEAVE YOUR DRONE AT HOME!!!”

Happy Flying….


No comments:

Post a Comment